17 July 2012

So far, What i have learnt?


So far, I have learnt quite a lot of things in this class. First of all, I learnt the different types of Internet search facilities. Such as Meta Search Engine and Subject Directory. Normally, I use Google to search the information I needed. And the two search facilities were a bit different from Google. From the practical, I liked Meta Search Engine best since it can collect information from Google, Yahoo, and Bing. I thought it was more helpful. In the future, I think I will use Meta Search Engine more often when I do research. And I think it will help me find more different resources. 

In the past three weeks, I did some practicals. From those practicals, I learnt some website I did not know before, like http://www.stomp.com.sg/ , http ://pinterest.com/, and change.org  website. I thought Pinterest was an interesting website, it was a fun way for people to discover new things and get inspiration from other people. I liked this kind of website: a photo, a story. In my opinion, Pinterest was eye-catching website especially for those like photography. 

Besides that, we also did test 1. To me, I thought it was not very difficult, but I believe that I can do better for the test 2. we also did portfolio part. From the assignment, I learnt the differences between Google and Database and their advantage and disadvantages.  

No comments:

Post a Comment